Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Day Ten



Today was a really great day! Lots of yummy fruits and a big fluffy salad for dinner!!! I have been taking advantage of this program to experiment with some new fruits and veggies that I have never had before. Some of them are common sights in the market, but I have never had them.

Today I had an Uniq fruit, which is a cross between a grapefruit and a tangerine. You may know it by the trademark name, Ugli fruit. If you have ever seen an Ugli fruit, you would know that mine was actually quite beautiful! Some of them look really scary, but mine just looked like a lumpy grapefruit. What do they taste like? Well... they are described as sweet, but mine was a little more on the sour side... but it was a mild sour. Quite pleasant, actually. The juice that was left over in my bowl after I ate the fruit was actually the best part! Go out and get one!!!

For lunch I had four leaves of red romaine lettuce that had about a tablespoon of "Oh My this is a Tuna!". Honest... I'm not making this up!!! [grin] If you follow this LINK, you will find the recipe!!!

B = 2 bananas
S = Uniq fruit
L = 4 "Oh My this is a Tuna" wraps
S = 4 medjool dates
D = green salad

No comments: