Friday, January 11, 2008

Day Six



An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Well... not this time!

I woke up at around 8:30 and was in the worst pain, even before I got out of bed. I hobbled downstairs in the hopes that just moving around would loosen up whatever was out of place. I ate an apple and about a half an hour later, I realized that instead of getting better, the pain was getting worse. It felt like I had pulled all the muscles in my hip area and the pain was radiating down my leg. I knew I hadn't done anything to injure that area, so I figured that I had a pinched nerve.

Fortunately, I have a wonderful chiropractor that is always just a phone call away. I went in and Dr. Laura put me back together. Then I got hooked up to the stim machine with heat for a bit. Before I even got home the pain was almost all gone. Now it is but a distant memory!

Today, several of the divas on the BES program decided to do an apple only day, and I participated, too. Except for a piece of dark chocolate... which forced itself on me. Probably somewhere around the hips!!! [grin]

B = Braeburn Apple
S = 1 piece chocolate @ 60 calories
L = nothing
D = apple smoothie (4 apples, apple juice, dash of cinnamon)

No comments: