Sunday, January 20, 2008

Day Fifteen



Besides being the name of David Wolfe's alter ego, an avocado is a great source of healthy fat. Although a low fat raw diet is the healthiest, you do need a little now and then. It helps you feel satisfied on a cold winter's night!!!

Just be careful if you are prone to candida. I have heard several raw foodists say that they only have outbreaks if they eat too much fat. I do not suffer from this, so I can't speak from personal experience, but these are people who can eat fruit and veggies the whole live long day... but throw too many nuts, seeds, or avocados at them and BAM!

Today my body needs a bit of fat. I slept a good portion of the day, woke up with a headache and a hankering for an avocado. I rarely take naps during the day. So when I got tired and decided to lay down for a bit, it took me by surprise to wake up about four hours later! I was afraid that I would not be able to sleep tonight, but I'm tired enough to crawl right back in bed now that I have eaten!!!

B = 2 bananas
S = 2 dates
L = Pho
D = mixed greens/spinach/avocado salad
S = 1/2 cup raw chocolate mint ice cream

No comments: