Sunday, November 4, 2007

Satsuma Smoothie



I got a great deal on a 5 pound box of Satsuma Mandarin Oranges, yesterday. I try to stay away from a lot of citrus, but I wanted to come up with something that featured these little jewels! This is probably one of those recipes that will put the folks in cooler climates running for the blankets, but keep it for the summer, or enjoy it while soaking in the tub! [grin]

Satsuma Smoothie
(makes about 6 cups)

10 Mandarin Oranges - juiced
1 banana
16 oz. bag of Frozen Fruit for Smoothies (strawberry, mango & pineapple blend)

Blend the mandarin juice and half of the frozen fruit blend until smooth. Add remaining frozen fruit and blend until completely smooth. You may need to add a bit of water to get that all blended. Finally blend in the banana.

NOTE: If you want a special occasion super sweet smoothie, make as above but add one tablespoon of agave nectar and serve in fancy glasses, garnished with mandarin slices.

2 comments:

Kristen's Raw said...

I love the serving glass. I'm so fond of drinking my smoothies, and even just plain water, in a sassy wine glass or goblet.

Have a fabulous week!

Keely said...

Hi Kristen! I have been having fun pulling out some of my good stuff. The glass for the "Minty Pear Sensation" photo, though... well, we figure it must have been a beer glass that Bob liberated from a bar in his younger days!!! [shrug]